Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Notes from Deniz - Day 10


Hello All,

Again me! Thank you very much for all the responses!

I said yesterday it is my last e-mail from Copenhagen but life is full of suprises and I am gonna write you one more e-mail from here. Basically my flight was over-booked so I am still in Copenhagen, sitting in the airport and waiting for the next flight.

There was one thing I wanted to share with you and I could not because of the pace of the meetings. This is the place I stayed in Denmark. During these days I stayed in Munksogaard ecovillage outside of Copenhagen. Unfortunately there is no photo of the place since I always left when the whether is dark and arrived when it is dark! The days are short here!

They have been great host. It is originally a co-housing project turn out to be an ecovillage. 150 adults and 100 children live together in the ecological and co-housing community. Their community is built on two fundamental values: environmental sustainability and spirit of community. If you want to have more information the web address is http://www.munkesoegaard.dk

Ok. Time to go.

I have got many request for more photos from the demonstration on Saturday. I have also heard that in media it was always shown that people breaking the windows, damaging and so. Actually I have not seen any of these. What I have seen that it is possible 100 000 people walking together peacefully and having fun! So there is one more photo from the demonstration in attachment.

With love
Deniz


No comments:

Post a Comment