Monday, December 21, 2009

Notes from Deniz - Day 6




Hello All,

Little bit more energy today.

First of all, I would like to share with you the reason why - actually - I am in Copenhagen.

I came to Copenhagen to participate in the council meeting of GEN-Europe. When we met in Finland in July, we have decided to have our second regular meeting in December in Copenhagen so that we can also be present in the Climate meeting. The dates of the council meeting is 10-13 of December. But our council member and the organizator of Climate Bottom Meeting Troels, he asked if any of us can come early to support him. Since I do not have a regular full-time job, I kind of volunteered so how I found myself in this whole thing! Since today is 10th of December, our council meeting started this afternoon. But this does not mean that I did not follow what happened in the morning in the tent in Christiania.

So, today's topic is "Caring and Social Ecology". Many good presentations in the morning. I get to meet with Albert Bates from the Farm ecovillage from USA. Very impressive job they are doing there. Then we have had the session called "The Divine Feminine" with Sr. Joan Chittister, Benedictine Nun, Renowned Author, Prominent Voice in Interfaith Affairs & Swamini Pramananda Saraswati, Educator & Leader in pollution reduction of the Ganges River, India.

Really a touching talk from Swamini Pramananda Saraswati (you can see her in the picture). I just want to share in summary what she has shared with us. Of course it will not be the same since you really need to experience her energy as she talked. But simply what she said that, the divine feminine is inside each of us whether we have a male body or female body. And what the divine feminine represents is basically to tune in to the cosmic intelligence, cosmic oneness and act from there and nourish this intelligence inside of us. It is the very intuition which knows and does not need to think or learn. It simply knows. Divine feminine is an attitude with which we can look upon the external world. She said the divine masculine is there to protect justice, and the divine feminine is there to sustain life. She also added that "People these days so much talk about making women equal to men. If I were to be equal with men I would lose so much thanks but I am not gonna take it"

It may be a strong statement and debatable of course but I found it inspiring and interesting that a woman from India thinks that she would lose so much if she would be seen as equal to man.

Another interesting point from a different speaker, she gave a brief summary about the situation of the feminine energy in the world today and how it has been by media, cosmetic industry and so.

Then we had wonderful Buddhist monks for the "Buddhist Voices respond to Climate Change" but unfortunately I needed to leave for our council meeting.

And whole afternoon was the council meeting!

Greetings
Deniz

No comments:

Post a Comment